Tuesday 9 August 2011

Support for London

I love London. It's in my heart. It's in my soul. I no longer live there but some of the best times of my life have been spent there. The first time my wife and I visited London together she laughed at me for getting off the train at St Pancras and kissing the platform! Now I think she'd do the same. I have lived in London on and off for most of my life. I can only be away for so long before it calls to me again. To see it brought down this way by ignorant, unthinking, mindless mobs is soul destroying.

But London will recover as it always does. The spirit of the city and the people will win out. Just like it did after the blitz. Just like it did after 7/7. The people of London are strong and they will only take so much before they fight back. They will fight back with quiet dignity; they will fight back by cleaning up and rebuilding; they will fight back by simply carrying on. London and Londoners have a history of surviving.

My heart and my thoughts go out to the people of London.

No comments:

Post a Comment