Saturday 9 July 2011

Bear With Me, I'm New to This Blogging Malarky!

Well, where to start?

A bit about me? Are you sure?

Ok, if you insist...

I'm a druid. Maybe not a good druid, but I try. I walk a solitary path and although I had a great teacher and guide upon this path, who is still sorely missed, I have never been part of a grove. Nor will I ever be. Nothing wrong with groves, you understand, its just not for me.

You'll find me in the wild places, listening to the mighty waves crashing onto the shore or watching ravens soar high above the windswept moor. You'll find me deep in the woods beneath the boughs of an ancient oak. Here I feel at one with this amazing world we call our home. Here I feel the strength of my Lord Herne and the love of my Lady. Here I find my inspiration.

I have little money and poor health but I am truely blessed. I have a roof over my head, food in my belly and my wife by my side. I have a little workshop where I can hide away and create (Ok, so it was the spare bedroom and my lovely, long suffering wife turns a blind eye to me discarding the bed and filling it with woodshavings, but its mine and I'm rarely happier than when I'm in there). The wood talks and I listen... and if the Lady is smiling on me the end result is what I hope for.

I make wands and staffs, athames and wood carvings. I make them from windfall or driftwood, never cutting wood from a living tree. I make them because I love it. What could be better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment